The faculty of Informational Communication Technologies was found in September, 2004.
At that moment there were 6 departments: higher mathematics, information systems, automation and control, physics and electrical engineering, design and engineering graphics, physical education.
The first dean of the faculty from 2004 to 2007 – c.t.s., associated professor Akimov Mukhamedzhan Mansurovich.
From 2007 to 2011- c.t.s., associated professor Utedjanova Bibatpa Keshenovna
From 2011 to the present – d.t.s., professor Kakimov Aitbek Kalievich
From 2004 to the present deputy dean – Kaisanov Sovetkazy Bekenovich
From 2004 to 2013 the faculty realized preparation on specialties such as: 5B070200 “Automation and Control”, 5B070400 “Computer Engineering and Software”, 5B070300 “Information Systems”, 5B060200 ” Computer Science”, 5B060100 “Mathematics”, 5B042100 “Design”, 5B090100 “Organization of transportation, traffic and transport operation” , 5B071100 “Geodesy and Civil Engineering”, 5B060400 “Physics”.
In 2013 reorganization was held and 4 departments were included in the faculty:
- “Automation and Control” – the Head of the department, candidate of Engineering, associated professor Zolotov Alexander Dmitrievich;
- “Information Systems” – the Head of the department, candidate of Economics, associated professor Smagulov Serik Kanatovich;
- “Geodesy and Civil Engineering” – the Head of the department, candidate of Engineering, associated professor Kuderinova Nazira Adambekovna.
- “Physical Education” – the Head of the department, candidate of Pedagogics, Sahaev Bakhytzhan Toleuovich
More than 60 teachers work at the departments of the faculty, just over 50% of them have scientific degrees and grades.
The faculty realizes the preparation on 7 specialties of baccalaureate in full-time and correspondence course in the governmental and Russian languages, magistracy of 6M070200 “Automation and Control” specialty. Students study in the universities of Kazakhstan, Near and Far Abroad by using Academic Mobility. Students of 5B070400 “Computer Engineering and Software ” and 5B070300 “Information systems” specialties can study in Gyeongsang National University (South Korea) by two-diploma educational system.
Different studies are realized on the faculty in directions such as:
- From 2012 to 2014 the research by program 120 “Grant funding for scientific research in priority: Life Science Priority: Food Safety Research: “Study degree of accumulation peculiar to Semey, East Kazakhstan region of radioactive elements and heavy metals in the raw materials of animal and plant origin and development of technological method of lowering the content of them during processing of the test materials (intermediate)” was made with department “Standardization and Biotechnology” of the Faculty of Engineering Technology. The funding – 25 million tenge. Director: d.t.s., Professor Kakimov A.K.
- From 2015 to 2017 the research by program 055 “Grant funding for scientific research in priority: Rational use of natural resources, processing of raw materials and products by priority: “Technology and processing of raw materials and products”, theme “Scientific and practical substantiation of the use of encapsulated symbiotic drugs with immunostimulatory activity in the production of dairy products” was made with department “Standardization and Biotechnology” of the Faculty of Engineering Technology. The funding – 15 million tenge. Director: d.t.s.. Professor Kakimov A.K.
- The project № 561627-EPP-1-2015-1-PL-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP “Development of the two-level innovation program in microelectronic engineering”.
5B070200 “Automation and Control”
5B070300 “Information Systems”
5B070400 “Computer Engineering and Software”
5B071100 “Geodesy and Civil Engineering”
5B090100 “Organization of transportation, traffic and transport operation’
5B073000 “Production of building materials, products and structures”